Find and book cheap flights to Calgary, Alberta (YYC)
The recently upgraded Calgary International Airport exemplifies make-yourself-at-home Western hospitality with free wifi, 30 minutes of parking and fee-free luggage carts. Located roughly 10 km (six miles) from the city centre, YYC is Canada’s fourth busiest airport for passenger traffic.
Calgary, home of the famous Calgary Stampede, is located in southern Alberta near the U.S. border at the doorstep of Canada’s iconic Rocky Mountains. It is the logical port of entry for visitors bound for the mountain resort towns of Banff and Jasper, as well as those headed for Vancouver, BC via the popular Rocky Mountaineer train excursion.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
To increase your odds of finding a cheap flight to Calgary:
- Start by reviewing the list of airlines that fly to Calgary to identify a carrier with a hub near you. Then register with your targeted airlines to receive seat sale alerts.
- When you see a rock-bottom price, be sure to compare it against the fares you find by using the booking tool at the bottom of this page. Often you can do even better through the consolidators.
- Travel in the off-season if you can. It will cost significantly more to fly at Christmas (December), Canadian Thanksgiving (October), Spring Break (March-April) and during summer (July-August).
- If you’re coming to Calgary from an international destination, you might find it more cost-effective to break your trip into legs: find a cheap fare to Toronto or Vancouver, for example, and then look for a discount flight to Calgary.
- Don’t overlook budget carriers such as Sunquest or Thomas Cook (to and from Europe and specific cities in Canada and the U.S.).
- Keep in mind that Calgary is on the Rocky Mountaineer train route. Consider flying into Vancouver and taking this luxury “land cruise” through the scenic Rockies to Alberta. (See: Budget planning tips for train travel in Canada.)
>>Ready to book your flight to Calgary? Use the search tool below to find great fares!