Find and book cheap flights to Halifax, Nova Scotia (YHZ)
Halifax Stanfield International Airport connects Atlantic Canada with the world, with nonstop flights available from the US, Mexico, Caribbean, Europe and several cities in Canada. It’s the seventh busiest airport in Canada, welcoming more than three million passengers each year.
The cost of the flight to Halifax will, of course, vary depending on where you’re coming from and when you travel. Flights from Chicago, Los Angeles and Vancouver may range from $500-900; the 2-hour flight from New York is generally between $400 and $600; and it may cost as much as $1,000 to fly between Halifax and London. Yet the flight from Miami or Cancun can be as low as $350-$500 round trip.
To increase your odds of finding a cheap flight to Halifax:
- Start by reviewing this list of airlines that fly to Halifax and reviewing the map of locations that offer nonstop service to Halifax.
- Register with your targeted airlines to receive seat sale alerts. When you see a rock-bottom price, be sure to compare it against the fares you find by using the booking tool at the top of this page. Often you can do even better through the consolidators.
- Don’t overlook budget carriers such as Air Transat (to and from Europe).
- Travel in the off-season if you can. It will cost significantly more to fly at Christmas (December), Canadian Thanksgiving (October), Spring Break (March-April) and during summer (July-August).
- If you’re coming to Halifax from the U.S., check for cheap flights from the nearest non-stop city, such as New York, Boston, Detroit or Chicago. It may cost less to book your tickets in two stages: from one of those cities to Halifax, and then from your home airport to that non-stop city.