Find and book cheap flights to Quebec City, Quebec (YQB)
Although small, Quebec City’s Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) ranks among Canada’s 15 busiest airports and is located about 20 km (12 miles) from the historic city centre.
(Good to know: Quebec City is located in the province of Quebec, which is potentially confusing since Canadians tend to refer to both the city and the province as simply Quebec.)
Although an increasing number of charter airlines and scheduled carriers now offer direct routings to Quebec City, it may be tricky to find a non-stop flight from your international destination. Typically you will have to route through a major Canadian hub, such as Toronto or Montreal.
>>To find out which airlines fly in to YQB from an airport near you, refer to this handy flight planner.
To increase your odds of finding a cheap flight to Quebec City:
- Start by reviewing the list of airlines that fly to Quebec City to identify a carrier with a hub near you. Then register with your targeted airlines to receive seat sale alerts.
- When you see a rock-bottom price, be sure to compare it against the fares you find by using the booking tool at the botto of this page. Often you can do even better through the consolidators.
- Travel in the off-season if you can. It will cost significantly more to fly at Christmas (December), Canadian Thanksgiving (October), Spring Break (March-April) and during summer (July-August).
- If you’re coming to Quebec City from an international destination, you might find it more cost-effective to break your trip into legs: find a deeply discounted fare to Chicago, for example, and then take a cheap shuttle flight to Quebec. Or look for a cheap fare to Toronto and then take a discount shuttle onward.
- Don’t overlook budget carriers such as Air Transat (to and from Europe and specific cities in Canada and the U.S.) and US Airways.
- Keep in mind Quebec City is also easily accessed by train (VIA Rail and Amtrak), car and bus from the eastern U.S. states.
>>Ready to book your flight to Quebec City? Use the search tool below to find great fares!