Have you heard the one about…?
I think you can tell a lot about a place by the jokes it tells about itself and Canadians do love to tell jokes on themselves.
These are some of my favourite jokes about Canada: they take shots at our reputation for tolerance and diversity, our reputed “niceness”, our intense weather, and our nearly pathological enthusiasm for hockey and aversion to tipping.
If you have a favourite Canada joke, please add it to the comments section below!
Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None. Canadians don’t try to change lightbulbs, we accept them as they are.
Q: In an emergency, how do you get a bunch of Canadians out of a crowded swimming pool?
A: You say, “Please get out of the swimming pool.”
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Q: What does a Canadian say when you step on their foot?
Q: How do you know what the weather is going to be like in Vancouver?
A: If you can’t see the mountains, it means it’s raining. And if you can see them, it means it’s going to rain.
Q: Why doesn’t Hamilton have a professional hockey team?
A: Because then Toronto would want one too. (Sorry Leafs fans…)
Q: What’s the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?
A: A canoe tips. (Ouch.)
Q: How cold is it in Canada?
A: In Celsius:
- +25: visiting Aussies put on sweaters (if they actually own one)
- +20: visiting Floridians ask if somebody could please turn on the heat
- +10: you start to see your own breath. Vancouverites begin shivering uncontrollably
- 0: water freezes; construction begins on backyard hockey rinks
- -10: Vancouverites weep with cold; Maritimers put on T-shirts
- -15: Manitobans host the last backyard cookout with ice cream for dessert; Maritimers go camping
- -25: Manitobans do up the top button
- -35: Ottawans think about digging out their mitts
- -50: Prairie kids start saying “Cold, eh?” and elect to stay inside for recess
- -60: Vancouverites disappear; Montrealers put on overcoats; Yukoners close the bathroom window
- -70: Hell freezes over and the Leafs win the Stanley Cup
Got a funny one about Canada? Please share it below!
And this is no joke: Canada is a great place to holiday. Follow the links below to find: