Find and book cheap flights to Edmonton, Alberta (YEG)
Edmonton International Airport is located roughly 30 km (18 miles) south of the centre of Alberta’s capital city, and is Canada’s fifth busiest airport for passenger traffic.
YEG is a hub for flights to Northern Alberta and Northern Canada, and is currently expanding to offer a better passenger experience (more retail; expanded concourse; increased parking) and to accommodate more airlines.
The skyshuttle service is the cheapest and most convenient way to travel between the airport and the city.
To increase your odds of finding a cheap flight to Edmonton:
- Start with the helpful flight planning tool on the YEG web site to identify a carrier with a hub near you. Then register with those targeted airlines to receive seat sale alerts.
- When you see a rock-bottom price, be sure to compare it against the fares you find by using the booking tool at the bottom of this page. Often you can do even better through the consolidators.
- Travel in the off-season if you can. It will cost significantly more to fly at Christmas (December), Canadian Thanksgiving (October), Spring Break (March-April) and during summer (July-August).
- If you’re coming to Edmonton from an international destination, you might find it more cost-effective to break your trip into legs: find a cheap fare to Vancouver or Calgary, for example, and then look for a discount flight to Edmonton.
- Don’t overlook seasonal charter carriers such as Sunwing or Air Transat (to and from Europe and specific cities in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico).
- Calgary and Edmonton are not that far apart. If you can find a deeply discounted airfare to Calgary in the south, it might be cost effective to take a bus or rent a car for the trip north to Edmonton. Crunch the numbers.
- Keep in mind that Edmonton is on VIA Rail’s national train route. Consider flying into Vancouver and taking a “land cruise” through the scenic Rockies to Alberta. (See: Budget planning tips for train travel in Canada.)
>>Ready to book your flight to Edmonton? Use the search tool below to find great fares!