Airfare to Vancouver
Find and book cheap flights to Vancouver, BC (YVR)
Vancouver International Airport–arguably the most beautiful and user-friendly airport in the world–welcomes more than 16 million visitors to Canada each year.
If you’re planning to be one of them, here’s some advice on how to find the best fares to Vancouver, British Columbia:
- Use this helpful YVR flight information page to discover which airlines fly into Vancouver from airports near your location.
- Register with your targeted airlines to receive seat sale alerts. When you see a rock-bottom price, be sure to compare it against the fares you find by using the booking tool at the top of this page. Often you’ll do even better through the consolidators.
- Don’t overlook budget carriers such as Canadian Affair (to and from the UK) and Air Transat (to and from Europe).
- If it’s inexpensive for you to fly to New York from your home base, consider taking advantage of Cathay Pacific’s great fares between JFK and YVR. (Cathay flies to North America from Asia via Vancouver.) Do the math: you may find it’s cheaper for you to fly Boston-New York or London-New York on a budget carrier and then JFK-YVR on Cathay than it is to fly Boston-Vancouver or London-Vancouver.
- Try to travel when others aren’t. It’ll cost you more to fly at Christmas (December), Canadian Thanksgiving (October), Spring Break (March-April) and during summer (July-August).
- Especially if you’re coming to Vancouver from the U.S., consider flying in to Seattle or Bellingham in nearby Washington State. You can sometimes find incredible last-minute deals on American carriers. Seattle is only a three-hour drive from Vancouver; Bellingham just an hour.
>>More tips on finding cheap flights to Canada
>>Related: Getting from Seattle to Vancouver via rail or bus