First-Time Visitor’s Guide to Vancouver, BC
First time to Vancouver? Lucky you: you couldn’t have picked a nicer Canadian city.
This pretty West Coast metropolis consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities. She (and moody Vancouver is definitely a she) goes by aliases–the ‘Couv; Vangroovy; Rain City; Lotusland. But you’ll always know her by her smell. Step off the plane at Vancouver International Airport and take a deep breath: clean moist air, tinged with sea salt.
It’s a heady scent; prepare to fall in love. And since it may be a whirlwind courtship, here’s what you need to know to get the most out of your first date with Vancouver:
She’s easy to approach: There are lots of ways to get close to Vancouver.
- Flights to Vancouver
- About Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Budget airlines that fly to Vancouver from the US
- From Seattle to Vancouver via train or bus
- Flying from New York to Vancouver
She’s green: You don’t need a car to get to know her. In fact, she’ll respect you more if you take public transit or ride a bike.
She’s fit: Pack your sneakers: Vancouver likes to get sweaty.
She’s loyal to the ‘hood: Don’t expect to get to know all of Vancouver in one visit. Pick one area or attraction and explore slowly.
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods: Chinatown
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods: Kitsilano
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods: Granville Island
- Top 10 Vancouver viewpoints
- Top 5 Vancouver attractions
- Sightseeing by public transit
- Sightseeing tours in Vancouver
- 48 hours in Vancouver
She likes to eat: High-end or dirt-cheap, Vancouver always serves up good food.
She doesn’t mind a little weather: Yes it might rain in Vancouver. Get over it.
She can be frugal. And still show you a good time.
- Things to do in Vancouver
- Vancouver on a budget
- How to enjoy Vancouver for free (or very nearly)
- Budget hotels in Vancouver
- Cheap hotels in Vancouver
- Cheap hostels in Vancouver
She’s resourceful: Learn more about Vancouver on-line.
- Rain, real estate and other things to know about Vancouver
- Top blogs and websites for Vancouver info
- Best apps for Vancouver visitors
>>Ready to book your cheap flight to Vancouver? Use the search tool below to find the best rates on airfares and hotel accommodations!